The Ci Augmented and Virtual Environment (CAVE) brings together research, innovation and reality in a secure space designed to optimise thinking and creativity. Based at Ci’s offices in Corsham, the CAVE includes a three-screen Augmented Reality (AR) space and HTC Vive Virtual Reality (VR) headset. It is available to hire for creativity days, training and software development. Digital product developers, programmers and software architects can also use the CAVE in the final testing phase of projects.
Using the CAVE
We’re offering eight hours of free time in the CAVE to developers working on training or educational software in return for holding a copy of the software for demonstration purposes.
We’re also keen to share the space to work with other organisations to run hackathons or to explore ways to develop innovative educational software and training.
Why use the CAVE?
- A great space for pressure testing the technology
- An environment that lets you focus on development
- A chance to see and test how people interact with the technology when they are immersed in it
- Helps reduce costs - simulation saves time and money on skills development and practical training
- Opportunities for scenario testing - experiencing situations that are impossible to experience in real life - or those you wouldn't want to experience in real life!
Please note that day rates refer to eight hours of use.
- Charity and Public Sector (with assistance): £250 per day or £45 per hour.
- Private Companies (without assistance): £400 per day or £65 per hour.
- Private Companies (with assistance): £550 per day or £80 per hour.
- Strategic facilitated workshops (with facilitator and technical assistance): £1,500 per day to use the CAVE and £850 per day to co-design the workshop with you.
Ci is delighted to offer eight hours of free time in the CAVE to people working on training or educational software projects, in return for holding a copy of the software for demonstration purposes.
If you would like further information, please contact Nik Hunt at email@example.com