Reports to: Head of Programmes
Location: Based in both Corsham, Wiltshire with the ability to travel across the South West region and to London
Job Purpose: The Project Manager is responsible for managing projects at a local and regional level to meet Corsham Institute’s Strategic Objective(s).
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop project plans and manage and drive activities through Corsham Institute’s programme management framework; Discover, Define, Develop, Deliver, Disseminate
- Work closely with colleagues across Corsham Institute, creating and managing multi-disciplinary project teams to implement delivery plans
- Anticipate challenges, find and present solutions where risks and issues arise
- Manage comprehensive risk registers for projects; monitoring and updating throughout delivery and escalating to Head of Programmes as appropriate
- Define and manage project budgets required to deliver activities
- Deliver projects to agreed budgets and timescales
- Complete finance, risks and KPI reporting and forecasting on a monthly basis with weekly snapshot, reporting to the Head of Programmes
- Engage stakeholders including the local and regional community to co-design and co-produce projects and products
- Identify stakeholders who can deliver elements of our projects and manage relevant relationships and networks
- Create, own and deliver to project communication plans which ensure effective communication with all key stakeholders and maintain Corsham Institute’s profile
- Complete project implementation records and contribute to the development and management of evaluation activities across projects
- Contribute to the wider work of the Head of Programmes and Corsham Institute, developing and iterating our strategic approach to programmes and projects.
- Key documentation as part of Project Management Framework, including but not limited to project and financial plans, weekly and monthly reporting, stakeholder engagement and communication plans.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Able to work flexibly in an agile environment
- Strong and effective management capability, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent manager and effective team builder and participator
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in project management
- Good knowledge and handling of project management methodology and techniques
- Excellent organiser and planner
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge of budgeting
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Good and current knowledge of Corsham Institute’s subject area and the wider field
We have a flexible working policy and can accommodate term time working or part-time working.
Salary – £30k to £35k pro-rata, depending on experience
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Louisa Simons by Tuesday 31st July.