Data Protection Framework
1. Customer and Citizen Data
You may decide to send us your personal information via this survey if you wish to receive the results from the survey, and information on the ‘Your data, your rights’ project’s next steps.
Your decision to disclose your personal data is entirely voluntary, and by doing so, you are providing us with specific consent to use your personal data only for the purposes for which you have disclosed it to us.
Your survey responses and email addresses will be kept separately so your responses will remain anonymous.
Your email addresses will only be used for the purposes for which you have submitted it to us to (a) provide information to you, (b) make contact with you.
We will store your personal data only for the period required to undertake this project, from 3 April to 31 December 2018, after which time it will be securely and permanently deleted.
We will not use your personal information for any other purposes, for example the communication of marketing material, unless we have your specific consent to do so.
2. Customer and Citizen Data Rights
As prescribed within data protection regulations, you have several rights connected to the provision of your personal data to Corsham Institute using this survey. These include your rights to request that Corsham Institute:
● confirms to you what personal data it may hold about you, if any, and for what purposes
● changes the consent which you have provided in relation to your personal data
● corrects any inaccurate or incomplete personal data which may be held about you
● provides you with a complete copy of your personal data for you to move elsewhere
● stops processing your personal data, whilst an objection from you is being resolved
● permanently erases all your personal data promptly and confirms to you that it has done so.
To contact Corsham Institute, please see Section 5 below.
If Corsham Institute does not address your request, or fails to provide you with a valid reason why it is unable to do so, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to make a complaint. They can be contacted via their website (www.ico.org.uk) or by telephone 0303 123 1113.
3. Declaration of Sub-Processing
To make an informed decision on whether to provide your personal data to Corsham Institute using this survey, we need to make you aware of one organisation that acts as Data Processor for us in the provision of our services to you:
● Survey Monkey, the company, which provides the online survey tool, and is based in the United States America.
SurveyMonkey Inc. (and its subsidiary company, Infinity Box Inc.) participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. SurveyMonkey is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List: www.privacyshield.gov/list
The activities which this Data Processor participates have been recorded within the applicable Corsham Institute Data Protection Impact Assessments.
5. Contacting Corsham Institute
The Data Protection Manager, Corsham Institute, The Courtyard, Hartham Park, Corsham, Wiltshire SN13 0RP